Classic cantilever brake design offers excellent stopping power for touring and cyclo-cross. IRD has made rim brakes since 1983 and for this one we draw on a Mafac design that's older than we are.
- CNC-machined aluminum arms, polished
- Slots offer 16mm of vertical adjustment with most pads.
- Yokozuna Cartridge Brake Shoes (Scott-Mathauser Gen-X salmon compound)
- Stainless steel pivot and rubber O-ring seals
- Straddle wire, cable carrier, and mounting hardware included
This high-profile design provides abundant mechanical advantage, but it sticks out more than other cantilever brakes. You may experience interference issues on small frames, bikes with pannier bags, and large feet.